Monday, January 30, 2012

The Big Picture


I've returned to a larger group picture of my mum and dad's wedding because I want to focus in on a couple of individuals and fill in a few blanks. The lady in the front row, second from the left, was known to me when I was a lad as "Auntie Eva" and we would visit her occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday.

As a child I lived in an odd world, things seldom in focus and I never really knew who she was and always assumed that she was related to my grandfather Edwards, which after research was partially true. I will discuss her in the next post.

As an aside, rationing was being phased out when Dorothy and Arthur were married and over on the far right of the front row, the man linking my dad's mother's arm, has a strangely large bag.

It was full of coal.

No comments: