Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Remembrance Day

In my research of the family tree, I found out about my grandfather's brothers Richard and John and was proud, yet saddened of what happened to them in the first world war. I began, around 2008, to attend the Remembrance Day activities at our local Canadian Legion, I was surprised how much emotion was inside me, for two people that I had never met.

In recent weeks, through this blog and a facebook page for Prescot Geneology, I have found relatives of Ellen Weldon who remember their Gran, Nellie, very well and have told me that every year, on Remembrance Day, Nellie would cry for her lost brother, Richard.

I will carry on the tradition and I will also include Ellen in my thoughts on Remembrance Day and raise a toast to another family member.

I have a couple of pictures of Ellen and hope in the next months to obtain more from her grandchildren in the UK, here's one of my favorites, Nelly, with her daughter Evelyn.


Lets do our best to remember them all.

No comments: